Add a new technique to your free-motion quilting repertoire! Ruler-guided quilting enables you to stitch precise, straight lines and curves with a minimal marking. And since your feed dogs are dropped, you can stitch in any direction to create complex designs without turning your quilt.
In this class you'll learn from the multi-awarded, Valli Schiller:
- How to free-motion quilt using a ruler foot and acrylic templates
- Dot-to-dot quilting, using simple straight lines and arcs
- Hands-on ruler practice starting with an elegant 20" square whole-cloth quilt (pattern provided) that you'll be able to finish on your own.
Skill level: The get the most out of this class, you'll need a working knowledge of free motion quilting. You should already be comfortable with:
- Installing a free-motion foot, dropping the feed dogs, setting automatic needle down, and making thread tension adjustments on your machine.
- Bringing bobbin thread up to the surface before stitching.
- Free-motion quilting along a marked line, and free-hand stippling/meandering.Please note: special supplies are needed for this class; review supply list in detail.
|Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
|Add to Wait List|