The class will begin by explaining the basics of the EQ8 design software. Get oriented to the different icons, worktables, and terminology. You will work on creating your own quilt design and explore different layouts, border options, fabric selections, and block manipulations. Learn how to print your quilts, yardage, foundation papers, and templates.
In the second half of the class, you will learn how to use EasyDraw to create your own pieced block or applique motif. Learn how to create a custom library of blocks and edit existing blocks from the EQ library or sketchbook.
It is recommended that you own a copy of EQ8 for this class, although you are welcome to attend to learn more without participating in the exercises. EQ8 is available for both PC and Mac and either version is welcome in this class.
Please bring the following to class:
Click here to view the Supply List
- Laptop with EQ8 software installed and validated with the most recent updates (please contact Susan email@example.com prior to class if you have questions about your software)
- Laptop power cord
- Mouse (A touch pad will work, but having an external mouse makes drawing much easier.)
- Extra batteries for your mouse, if it's wireless
- Mouse pad
- Pen and paper for taking notes
- If you have a wireless hotspot or a Comcast/Xfinity username and password, bring it so that you can connect to the internet